Post by Admin on May 24, 2011 16:50:02 GMT 9
The traffic card is used to pay the fare of subway, city bus and taxi.
If you use this card, the fare is slightly less than cash payment, and it is possible to transfer to another vehicle three times within 80 minutes of travel.
Types of Traffic Card
There are two types of traffic cards: one is a credit/debit card issued by a bank, and the other is a pre-paid card or “smart card” purchased at a bank or store.
How to get a traffic card issued
1) Pre-paid Type
- Hankkumi Card: Any bank in Daejeon issues this card. (fee: 4,000 won)
- If you visit a Hana Bank with your foreigner's card and passport, they will issue a traffic card.
- Hankkumi Card: fee - 2,500 won
- Character Card: purchase price 6,000 won~19,500 won (excluding card charge)
- Purchase: subway stations and GS25 convenience stores
2) Credit Type
This is a card with a traffic card embedded in a credit card issued by a bank. To be eligible for this card, you are required to have a high credit rating. It is issued in the same way as the‘ Hankkumi Card’.
- This type of traffic card has two functions: credit card and check card/traffic card
- The bank sends a credit card bill every month, and check card bill every other month.
※ For foreigners, the pre-paid type of ‘Character Card’is more convenient to purchase and use. You can have the card recharged at any GS25 store. To use the card, simply place it on the card reader when boarding a bus or subway. Each fare is deducted from the card.